- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cucumbers with Mint and Yogurt Recipe
|Cucumbers||2 Pound (3 Medium Sized Ones)|
|Plain low fat yogurt||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Finely chopped mint||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs) (Plus 12 Sprigs For Garnish)|
|Ground cumin||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed and peeled (1 Small Clove)|
|Freshly ground pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 297 Calories from Fat 42
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g7.3%
Saturated Fat 2.6 g13.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 13.6 mg
Sodium 666.3 mg27.8%
Total Carbohydrates 53 g17.6%
Dietary Fiber 5.6 g22.4%
Sugars 31.1 g
Protein 19 g37%
Vitamin A 29.9% Vitamin C 53.5%
Calcium 60.1% Iron 21.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Rinse, pare and trim cucumbers. Cut into 2 halves, lengthwise and scoop out the seeds. Invert the cucumbers on paper towels.
2) In a medium bowl, mix yogurt, chopped mint, cumin, garlic, salt, and pepper. Blend the ingredients well.
3) Put aside, covered with a plastic wrap.
4) At the serving time, remove garlic clove from the mixture and chop cucumber halves crosswise into 1/2 inch slices. Mix cucumber with the yogurt mixture and toss.
5) Transfer salad to 4 serving plates and garnish with mint sprigs and serve.