- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cucumbers in Sour Cream Recipe
|Cucumbers||2 Cup (32 tbs), thinly sliced and pared|
|Commercial sour cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Instant minced onion||2 Teaspoon|
|Dill weed||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cayenne powder/Chilli powder||1 Dash|
|Cracked black pepper||To Taste|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 323 Calories from Fat 202
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g35.5%
Saturated Fat 13.3 g66.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 59.8 mg19.9%
Sodium 1071 mg44.6%
Total Carbohydrates 26 g8.7%
Dietary Fiber 1.6 g6.6%
Sugars 10 g
Protein 4 g8.7%
Vitamin A 20.6% Vitamin C 13.9%
Calcium 21% Iron 12.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a bowl, place the cucumber slices and sprinkle salt all over them.
2) Cover with cold water and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Drain well.
3) Combine together the vinegar, sour cream, sugar, onion, cayenne and dill weed. Mix well.
4) Add the cucumber slices to sour cream mixture and toss lightly.
5) Chill the preparation for a minimum of 1 hour before serving.
6) Serve Cucumbers in Sour Cream chilled. Sprinkle with cracked black pepper and serve as a side dish or appetizer.