- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Delicious Cucumber Sauce Recipe
|Fresh cucumbers||2 Cup (32 tbs), slices (seedless)|
|Onion||1 , sliced|
|Stock||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Celery seed||1 Pinch|
|Nut butter||1 Tablespoon|
|White sauce||1 Pint|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 759 Calories from Fat 374
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 43 g65.8%
Saturated Fat 11.3 g56.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 39 mg
Sodium 2071 mg86.3%
Total Carbohydrates 72 g23.9%
Dietary Fiber 8.5 g34%
Sugars 38.2 g
Protein 28 g56.9%
Vitamin A 71.8% Vitamin C 52.3%
Calcium 78.1% Iron 21.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Peel some cucumbers and slice it after removing seeds. Ensure that it measures 2 cups.
2. Stew cucumbers slowly in its own liquid after adding a tablespoon of vinegar, few onion slices and a quarter cup stock.
3. When cucumbers begin to soften, add salt as per taste, a pinch of celery seed (or celery salt) and a few grains cayenne.
4. Let it cook till it becomes a pulpy mixture.
5. Strain through a sieve.
6. Re-heat adding a nut of butter.
7. Add white sauce and blend well.
8. Serve Delicious Cucumber Sauce over a fresh vegetable salad.