- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cucumber with Mint Recipe
|Cucumber||1 , thinly sliced|
|Mint||1 Bunch (100 gm), finely chopped|
|For the dressing|
|Natural yogurt||1⁄4 Pint (150 Milliliter)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Cider vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Clear honey||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 48 Calories from Fat 11
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 1 g1.9%
Saturated Fat 0.71 g3.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 3.9 mg
Sodium 121.8 mg5.1%
Total Carbohydrates 8 g2.7%
Dietary Fiber 2.2 g8.9%
Sugars 3.1 g
Protein 2 g4.6%
Vitamin A 22.6% Vitamin C 15.9%
Calcium 10.6% Iron 7.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a colander, place the cucumber.
2) Sprinkle the cucumber with salt and leave to drain for 1 hour.
3) Prepare dressing in a bowl by combining all the ingredients and season with salt and pepper according to taste. 4) With a fork, mix well the dressing.
5) On an absorbant kitchen paper, dry the cucumber.
6) In a shallow dish, arrange the cucumber slices and pour the dressing along with mint.
7) Serve the salad as side dish.