- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cucumber Salad Recipe Video
|Cucumbers||3 Medium, diced, with the skin on|
|Tomato||1 Medium, deseeded and diced|
|Lemon||1⁄2 Large, squeezed and kept aside|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1⁄2 Tablespoon, cold pressed|
|Celtic sea salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Leveled) (to taste)|
|Red onion||1 Small, chopped finely|
Calories 92 Calories from Fat 38
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g6.4%
Saturated Fat 0.37 g1.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 238.6 mg9.9%
Total Carbohydrates 15 g4.9%
Dietary Fiber 3.3 g13%
Sugars 6.8 g
Protein 2 g4.9%
Vitamin A 15.1% Vitamin C 52.5%
Calcium 5.9% Iron 5.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Watch the video to prepare the ingredients for making the salad.
2. In a large mixing bowl, mix the chopped tomatoes, cucumbers and red onions together.
3. Drizzle the freshly squeezed lemon juice and the olive oil, over the vegetables and mix well.
4. Add salt to taste and mix well.
5. Serve as a full meal or as a side dish.
Add some deseeded and diced bell peppers or roasted peanuts, for an interesting and yummy variation.