- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cucumber Pear Salad Recipe
|Asian pears||3 , peeled and cut into thin wedges (Or 20Th Century Pears)|
|Red delicious apples||2 , cut into thin slices|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vitamin c||1 Teaspoon (Or Ascorbic Acid)|
|English cucumber||1 Small, thinly sliced|
|Mandarin orange segments||10 Ounce, unsweetened, drained|
|Yogurt||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Salad dressing/Mayonnaise||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 149 Calories from Fat 59
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g10.3%
Saturated Fat 1.3 g6.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 15.8 mg
Sodium 82.4 mg3.4%
Total Carbohydrates 23 g7.8%
Dietary Fiber 4.3 g17.2%
Sugars 17.2 g
Protein 2 g3.3%
Vitamin A 7.7% Vitamin C 31.2%
Calcium 4.9% Iron 1.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Place the sliced apples and pear wedges in water-ascorbic acid mixture.
2) Remove the fruits and drain well on paper towels.
3) In a large bowl, toss the apples, pears, mandarin orange segments and sliced cucumbers together.
4) In a jar, combine the yogurt, salad dressing or mayonnaise, lemon juice, salt and pepper together.
5) Shake well to mix and drizzle the over the salad ingredients.
6) Serve immediately.