- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cucumber Layer Recipe
|Unflavored gelatin||1 Teaspoon|
|Cold water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lime flavored gelatin||3 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Boiling water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Onion juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Commercial sour cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Finely chopped cucumber||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 769 Calories from Fat 401
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 46 g70.2%
Saturated Fat 26.5 g132.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 119.6 mg
Sodium 2649.3 mg110.4%
Total Carbohydrates 81 g27.1%
Dietary Fiber 1.5 g5.9%
Sugars 78.8 g
Protein 14 g28.8%
Vitamin A 85.8% Vitamin C 17.2%
Calcium 28.8% Iron 6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Take a bowl and soften plain unflavored gelatin by mixing it with ¼ cup of cold water.
2) Add a cup of boiling water and the lime flavored gelatin and mix well until it gets dissolved completely.
3) Add Worcestershire sauce, vinegar, salt and onion juice.
4) Refrigerate until it sets partly.
5) Add cucumber and sour cream to the thickened gelatin.
6) Spoon it on top of the grapefruit layer.
7) Refrigerate until it becomes firm.
8) Place on lettuce leaves after unmolding and serve.