- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cucumber Kachori Recipe
|Jeera powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Red chilli powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Calories 129 Calories from Fat 9
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 1 g1.6%
Saturated Fat 0.49 g2.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 2.7 mg
Sodium 92.4 mg3.9%
Total Carbohydrates 25 g8.4%
Dietary Fiber 1.2 g4.7%
Sugars 1.2 g
Protein 4 g8.7%
Vitamin A 1.3% Vitamin C 0.87%
Calcium 3.6% Iron 6.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Crush the cucumber and squeeze with a cloth so that its extra water drains and it becomes dry.
3. Then add dahi, cinnamon powder, salt, jeera powder, mirchi powder to the cucumber and make a paste of it.
4. Mix the suji and maida and Salt to taste and make a dough.
5. Make small balls from the dough.
6. Roll the balls like puri size but a little thicker. For one kachori two balls are needed.
7. Add 3 tsp full of the paste on top of the rolled ball and cover it with another rolled ball.
8. Then tie the ends of the puri by turning it upwards with thumb and first finger and by applying a touch of water at the ends.
9. With a fork, make holes on top of the kachori.
10. Steam the kachori in an idli stand and bake till it is light brown.
11. Kachoris are ready.