- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cucumber Cups With Gravalax And Capers Recipe
|Head of lettuce||1|
|English cucumber||1 Large|
|Capers||4 Teaspoon, drained, rinsed|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 107 Calories from Fat 11
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 1 g2%
Saturated Fat 0.23 g1.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 191.9 mg8%
Total Carbohydrates 25 g8.3%
Dietary Fiber 9 g35.8%
Sugars 8.4 g
Protein 7 g13.1%
Vitamin A 500.2% Vitamin C 169.6%
Calcium 23.2% Iron 21.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Wash the lettuce and at dry it. Take out and discard any bruised or discolored leaves. Divide the lettuce among 4 salad plates and keep aside.
2) Rinse the lemon, dry it and cut crosswise into 4 slices which are about 1/4-inch thick. Set aside.
3) Rinse the cucumber and dry it. Trim the edges and throw them away. Using a sharp paring knife, cur the cucumber crosswise into quarters of about 4-inches. Around one end of each quarter, cut a triangle which is about 1-inch deep so as to form a crown shape. Scoop the inside out with a melon bailer or a teaspoon. At the bottom, leave about 1/4-inch of flesh.
4) With 2 slices of gravlax, stuff each cucumber cup and top with 1 teaspoon of capers.
5) Among the lettuce-lined plates, divide the cucumber cups. Fold the remaining gravlax slices into a cone shape and place one next to every cucumber cup.
6) Serve after garnishing with a lemon slice.