- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cucumber Buttermilk Soup Recipe
|Cucumbers||1 Pound (2 Medium Sized)|
|Buttermilk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Canned chicken broth||13 3⁄4 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Chives||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
Calories 44 Calories from Fat 7
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.82 g1.3%
Saturated Fat 0.11 g0.57%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 258.5 mg10.8%
Total Carbohydrates 6 g1.9%
Dietary Fiber 0.51 g2%
Sugars 1.1 g
Protein 4 g7.5%
Vitamin A 4.5% Vitamin C 11%
Calcium 1.6% Iron 1.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Pare cucumbers and halve lengthwise.
2) Using a teaspoon, scoop out and remove the seeds.
3) Using a coarse grater or food processor shred the cucumber.
4) In a large bowl mix cucumber, buttermilk, chicken broth and water to measure 2 cups, salt, pepper, lemon juice and chives. Combine well.
5) Chill covered for several hours or overnight.
6) Toss gently before serving.
7) Garnish each serving with a lemon slice and cucumber slice.