- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cucumber And Kipper Stir Fried Recipe
|Smoked kipper fillets/1 can kippers||1 Pound (500 Gram Smoked Herring)|
|Sesame oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Green onions||1 Bunch (100 gm)|
|Firm tofu||14 Ounce, cut into 1/8ths|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||2 Teaspoon|
|Poppy seeds||2 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
Calories 468 Calories from Fat 275
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 31 g47.7%
Saturated Fat 1.8 g8.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 213.5 mg8.9%
Total Carbohydrates 5 g1.6%
Dietary Fiber 1.6 g6.3%
Sugars 1 g
Protein 45 g89.7%
Vitamin A 21.6% Vitamin C 21.9%
Calcium 28.7% Iron 22.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Skin the kippers and cut diagonally into thin slices.
2. Cut cucumber into finger length strips and do the same with the onions.
3. Heat the oil, add the onions and cook for 2-3 minutes.
4. Add the kipper, tofu and cucumber and cook for 1-2 minutes.
5. Mix in the soy, lemon juice, pepper and poppy seeds.
6. Stir for 2-3 minutes and serve.
7. Serve hot over rice or noodles.
If you don't want to put kippers in, then stir in 1 Tbsp sesame oil for the last 30 seconds.