- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cuban Beef Steak Recipe
|Steak pieces||8 (1/4-Inch Thick)|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), crushed|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
Calories 452 Calories from Fat 218
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g38.3%
Saturated Fat 8.4 g41.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 92.2 mg
Sodium 536 mg22.3%
Total Carbohydrates 5 g1.5%
Dietary Fiber 1 g4.1%
Sugars 0.6 g
Protein 51 g102.3%
Vitamin A 1.3% Vitamin C 18.3%
Calcium 1.7% Iron 13.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Using a meat hammer, pound the steaks until thin.
2. Cut the lemons into half.
3. In a large shallow pan, arrange the steaks.
4. Squeeze the lemon juice over the steaks and press the peels into the steaks.
5. Rub the garlic into and steaks.
6. Season steaks with a sprinkle of salt.
7. Cover the pan and allow the meat to marinate for 2 hours, turning the steaks after every 30 minutes or so.
8. Prepare a coal barbecue or an electric grill.
9. Brush each steak with olive oil and place on the barbecue or grill and cook for 6-12 minutes on each side according to preferred degree of doneness.
10. Arrange on a serving plate and sprinkle with seasoning and dot with butter.
11. Serve the steaks hot accompanied by your favorite salad or vegetables.