- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cuban Bean Stew Recipe
|Dried black beans||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), soaked overnight and drained|
|Chicken stock||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Large, chopped|
|Celery stalk||1 , thinly sliced|
|Hot chili peppers||2 , seeded and minced|
|Fresh parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), minced|
|Ginger root||1 Tablespoon, minced|
|Low sodium soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), minced|
|Dried thyme||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 234 Calories from Fat 32
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g5.5%
Saturated Fat 0.97 g4.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 7.2 mg
Sodium 436.8 mg18.2%
Total Carbohydrates 38 g12.6%
Dietary Fiber 6.7 g26.7%
Sugars 8.3 g
Protein 14 g27.6%
Vitamin A 9.8% Vitamin C 43.6%
Calcium 10.5% Iron 23.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2) In a casserole dish, place the beans.
3) Add the stock, onions, celery, peppers, parsley, ginger soy sauce, garlic thyme and bay leaf.
4) Bring the mixture to a slight boil.
5) Transfer the casserole dish to the oven.
6) Bake for 2 hours or until the beans are tender.
7) Remove the discard from oven and discard the bay leaf
8) Serve the casserole hot with fresh bread or boiled rice.