- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cubaita Italian Almond Brittle Recipe
|Blanched almonds||3 1⁄2 Cup (56 tbs)|
|Ground cinnamon||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||1 1⁄4 Pound (3.5 Cups)|
|Honey||12 Ounce (1 Jar)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 6253 Calories from Fat 2152
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 257 g395.5%
Saturated Fat 19.8 g98.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 158.3 mg6.6%
Total Carbohydrates 969 g323.1%
Dietary Fiber 63.8 g255.2%
Sugars 871.2 g
Protein 114 g227.1%
Vitamin A 6.2% Vitamin C 139.3%
Calcium 129.4% Iron 119.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. If necessary, shell almonds. Spread the nuts on a jelly-roll pan or cookie sheet. Bake 10 to 12 minutes, or until golden-brown. Chop almonds coarsely; put in a small bowl and set aside.
3. With a swivel-blade vegetable parer, remove the peels from the oranges and tangerine in long strips. Chop peels fine. (Wrap oranges and tangerine and refrigerate for another use.)
4. Add chopped peel and cinnamon to almonds; toss to mix well.
5. Set out a large board (22 by 16 inches) and moisten it with ice water.
6. In a heavy skillet, melt sugar just until golden. Remove from heat.
7. Quickly stir in honey. Add almond mixture; stir in.
8. Immediately pour candy onto chilled board; spread out mixture. Let it cool slightly; then, while it is still pliable, quickly cut into bite-size pieces.
9. Store in box or cookie tin lined with waxed paper. Place waxed paper between candy layers.