- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Crusty Mustard Chicken Recipe
|Unsalted butter||8 Tablespoon (1 Stick)|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Dijon mustard||6 Tablespoon|
|Minced shallots||3 Tablespoon|
|Fresh thyme leaves||2 Tablespoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Crushed red pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Broiler chickens||5 Pound (2 Whole, 2 1/2 Pound Each)|
|Fresh white bread crumbs||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
Calories 671 Calories from Fat 435
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 49 g74.7%
Saturated Fat 16.5 g82.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 195.9 mg
Sodium 283.9 mg11.8%
Total Carbohydrates 12 g3.9%
Dietary Fiber 1.3 g5.2%
Sugars 0.8 g
Protein 45 g89.4%
Vitamin A 16.3% Vitamin C 14.8%
Calcium 7.1% Iron 19.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Pre-heat the broiler.
2) Keep the chicken pieces on the broiler and cook for 3 minutes on each side.
3) Heat a skillet over low heat and melt butter. Keep it aside.
4) Take a wide bowl and mix the mustard, shallots, thyme, black pepper, and red pepper.
5) Add in half of the butter and oil mixture and blend thoroughly.
6) Using a barbecue brush, brush the chicken pieces with the mustard mixture.
7) Dredge them in the bread crumbs to coat completely and dab them again with the remaining melted butter and oil.
8) Line the pieces on a broiler pan and cook under a medium-hot broiler for 10 to 12 minutes. Turn a couple of times during cooking.
9) When the chicken is done, the juices run clear when a knife is inserted.
10) Serve hot with pan juices.
If the chicken pieces are getting browned too quickly, finish the process in a 550° oven.