- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Crusty Mushroom Bread Recipe
|Bread loaf||1 (Round)|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||3 Tablespoon|
|White sauce||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2126 Calories from Fat 1137
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 129 g199.1%
Saturated Fat 68.8 g344.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 684.1 mg
Sodium 3111 mg129.6%
Total Carbohydrates 187 g62.5%
Dietary Fiber 13.1 g52.4%
Sugars 23.4 g
Protein 63 g126.4%
Vitamin A 76.1% Vitamin C 53.6%
Calcium 63.3% Iron 74.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 350°.
2) Slice the top off the bread and scoop out most of the crumbs, leaving a 1/2 inch thick shell.
3) Finely chop the mushrooms.
4) Spread the inside with half the butter, place on a baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
5) In a saucepan, melt the remaining butter and fry the mushrooms for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
6) Add salt, pepper and lemon juice.
7) Stir the mushrooms into the white sauce.
8) Separate the eggs and beat the egg yolks, one at a time, into the sauce.
9) Return to the heat and heat through gently.
10) Beat the egg whites till stiff but not dry.
11) Gently fold into the mushroom mixture.
12) Pour the mixture into the bread shell and sprinkle the top with a few of the scooped out bread crumbs, grated finely.
13) Bake for 30 minutes till well risen and crisp.
14) Serve the crusty mushroom bread hot as breakfast .