- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Crusty Franks Recipe
|Frankfurters||12 , cut into halves or thirds|
|Pancake mix/Waffle mix||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Yellow cornmeal||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dry mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Onion salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Hot)|
Calories 389 Calories from Fat 281
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 31 g48.4%
Saturated Fat 6.9 g34.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 36.6 mg
Sodium 701.4 mg29.2%
Total Carbohydrates 18 g5.8%
Dietary Fiber 0.76 g3%
Sugars 2.8 g
Protein 9 g18.5%
Vitamin A 2.7% Vitamin C 1.8%
Calcium 20.8% Iron 13.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Wipe the frankfurters till they have dried properly.
2) In a medium mixing bowl, combine the pancake or waffle mix, yellow cornmeal, dry mustard, onion salt, garlic powder and water. Stir till all the ingredients have moistened.
3) Dip the dried franks in the batter and fry them in hot oil (temperature of 375 to 400 degrees) for 2 to 3 minutes or till franks have turned brown, turning once.
4) On paper towels, drain the cooked franks.
5) Serve hot with mustard and catsup.