- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Lynn's Crusty Bread Recipe Video
|All purpose flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Salt||1 3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (For dusting)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1368 Calories from Fat 31
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g5.7%
Saturated Fat 0.59 g2.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 3399.6 mg141.7%
Total Carbohydrates 287 g95.5%
Dietary Fiber 10.3 g41.3%
Sugars 1 g
Protein 39 g77.9%
Vitamin A Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 5.9% Iron 97.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, salt and yeast.
2. Add in the water and mix until a sticky mixture forms. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and set aside for 12 hours.
3. Preheat the oven at 450° F.
4. When the oven has reached 450°, place a cast iron pot with a lid in the oven and heat the pot for 30 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, pour dough onto a heavily floured surface and shape into a ball. Cover with the plastic wrap and let set while the pot is heating.
6. Remove hot pot from the oven and place the dough. Cover and return to oven for 30 minutes at 450 degrees F.
7. After 30 minutes remove the lid and bake an additional 15 minutes.
8. Remove bread from oven and place on a cooling rack to cool.
9. Spread butter over the bread and serve with low fat milk.
If you want to add anything in to make this a savory, sweet, or fruit bread, then add that ingredient while rolling the dough.