- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Corn Crusted Scallops with Sauce Recipe Video
|Scallops||1 Pound, thawed, rinsed, and patted dry|
|Sesame oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Cereal||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (Kix)|
|Corn tortilla chips||15|
|Toasted walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Ground black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Brown sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Seasoned rice vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Ground ginger||1 Teaspoon (To Taste)|
|Dried thyme||1 Teaspoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2728 Calories from Fat 1291
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 150 g231.5%
Saturated Fat 12.2 g60.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 149.7 mg
Sodium 4280.3 mg178.3%
Total Carbohydrates 256 g85.2%
Dietary Fiber 41.9 g167.6%
Sugars 73.2 g
Protein 114 g228.1%
Vitamin A 19.8% Vitamin C 51.5%
Calcium 35.3% Iron 104.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Grind ¾ cup corn cereal and the 15 corn chips together.
3. Add ¼ teaspoon pepper and mix everything in a ziplock bag.
4. Drizzle ½ tablespoon of olive oil on the scallops and mix it into the ziplock bag until scallops are coated well with the corn cereal mixture.
5. After scallops are coated with the crumb, pop into the oven for 15 minutes.
6. For the Asian sauce: In a pan, add 2 tablespoons of brown sugar, 2 tablespoons of honey, ¼ cup of seasoned rice vinegar, 1 tablespoon Soy sauce, 1 tablespoon of sesame oil, ½ teaspoon dried ginger, 1 teaspoon dried garlic and 1 tablespoon thyme and bring to boil.
6. Remove the scallops from the oven and drizzle the sauce over the scallops.
8. Plate and serve hot.