- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Crushed Garlic Potatoes Recipe Video
|Potatoes||250 Gram (second earliest such as Wilja)|
|Garlic cloves||2 Large|
|Parsley||6 Medium, leaves|
|Sea salt/Pepper||To Taste (use as per taste)|
Calories 210 Calories from Fat 108
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g19%
Saturated Fat 7.7 g38.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 32.3 mg
Sodium 165.3 mg6.9%
Total Carbohydrates 24 g8.1%
Dietary Fiber 2.9 g11.8%
Sugars 1 g
Protein 3 g6%
Vitamin A 13.5% Vitamin C 50.7%
Calcium 3% Iron 7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Peel and crush the garlic and chop the parsley.
2. Scrub the skins are left on the potatoes really well, removing any dirt.
3. Carefully place the potatoes into a saucepan of boiling lightly salted water.
4. Turn down the heat and simmer until cooked (approx. 20 minutes, depending on the size of the potatoes).
5. Melt the butter over a gentle heat and add the crushed garlic and chopped parsley.
6. When the potatoes are just cooked, remove from the heat and drain into a colander.
7. Return them to the saucepan, place over a gentle heat for a few moments to dry and then remove from the heat.
8. Using a large dinner fork, gently crush the potatoes into smaller pieces such that they are quite rustic looking.
9. Fold in the butter, garlic and parsley and mix well together.
10. Serve your crushed garlic potatoes hot.