- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Crunchy Hard Rolls Recipe
|Dry yeast||2 Teaspoon|
|Warm water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Unbleached flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Whole wheat flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2015 Calories from Fat 156
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g27.7%
Saturated Fat 2.6 g13.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1052.5 mg43.9%
Total Carbohydrates 404 g134.6%
Dietary Fiber 41.1 g164.4%
Sugars 7 g
Protein 70 g141%
Vitamin A 0.5% Vitamin C 0.05%
Calcium 14.5% Iron 135%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Add 1 cup unbleached flour, sugar, salt, oil, and 1 egg white. Beat about 3 minutes.
3. Gradually add more flour until it forms a soft dough. Knead 5 minutes on a floured surface. Cover; let rise 20 minutes.
4. Divide into 18 pieces and shape into rolls. Place on a nonstick baking sheet. Slash tops lengthwise with a sharp knife. Let rise until double in bulk, about 15 minutes.
5. Brush with an egg white which has been lightly beaten with 1 tablespoon water.
6. Bake at 400Â° for 15 to 20 minutes with a shallow pan of water on the bottom shelf of the oven. The additional moisture creates a crisp crust on the rolls.