- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Crunchy Tomato Aspic Recipe
|Unflavored gelatin||2 Ounce (2 Envelopes)|
|Cold water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), peeled and minced (Small Clove)|
|Tomato juice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Hot pepper sauce||1 Dash|
|Stalk celery||1 Medium, cut in 1-inch pieces|
|Onion||1 Small, quartered|
|Green pepper||1⁄2 , cut in 6 pieces|
|Cucumber||1⁄2 , cut in 1 inch pieces|
Calories 87 Calories from Fat 1
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.15 g0.23%
Saturated Fat 0.04 g0.22%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 430.3 mg17.9%
Total Carbohydrates 12 g4.1%
Dietary Fiber 1.3 g5.3%
Sugars 8.5 g
Protein 11 g22.2%
Vitamin A 10.8% Vitamin C 63.4%
Calcium 3.3% Iron 4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a small saucepan, soak gelatin in cold water and allow it to soften for 10 minutes.
2. Place pan over low flame and stir until the gelatin completely dissolves in the water.
3. Add the garlic, tomato and lemon juice, sugar and seasonings and stir until well blended.
4. Place the pan in the refrigerator for about 40 minutes until the liquid thickens and is semi set.
5. In the meantime, in a food processor, attach the knife blade in the bowl.
6. Coarsely chop the celery, onion, peppers and cucumber one at a time, tipping them into a large bowl.
7. When the jelly mixture has partially set, fold the veggies into it.
8. Pour mixture into a 1 quart casserole or into 4 individual jelly moulds.
9. Place the mold in the chiller until the jelly has set and is chilled.
10. To unmold, dip the mold in a bath of luke warm water and invert onto bed of lettuce leaves on salad plate.