- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
How To Cook Taiwanese Three Cups Chicken (三杯鸡） Recipe Video
|To boil the chicken pieces|
|Chicken drumsticks||6 Medium, cut into small pieces|
|Water||4 Cup (64 tbs) (As needed to boil the chicken)|
|To stir fry the chicken pieces|
|Oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Rice cooking wine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dark soy sauce||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Basil stalks||7 Medium, stem removed|
Calories 255 Calories from Fat 154
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g26.7%
Saturated Fat 2.6 g13.2%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 67.6 mg
Sodium 1069 mg44.5%
Total Carbohydrates 5 g1.8%
Dietary Fiber 0.16 g0.62%
Sugars 2.7 g
Protein 19 g38.2%
Vitamin A 2.8% Vitamin C 5.2%
Calcium 1.6% Iron 7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Cut the chicken drumsticks into small pieces and boil them in water for about 3 - 5 minutes.
2. Using a strainer, remove the chicken pieces from the boiling water and set them aside.
3. Heat oil in a wok. Once hot, place the boiled chicken pieces into the heated oil.
4. Add rice cooking wine, soy sauce and very little dark soy sauce. Stir the chicken in the sauces for a couple of minutes. Cover and let cook for 5 minutes.
5. Uncover the wok, add the basil leaves. Stir fry the chicken and the basil leaves for about 1 minute.
6. Once the chicken is soft and tender, it's ready to be served.
7. Serve warm with steamed rice or rice congee.