- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Crunchy Salad Recipe
|Cabbage||8 Ounce, prepared|
|Green pepper||1 Ounce, de seeded and thinly sliced|
|Onion||1 Small, finely chopped|
|Celery stick||2 , chopped|
|Salad cream||2 Tablespoon|
|Potato crisps||3 Ounce (Two 1.5 Ounce Packets)|
Calories 159 Calories from Fat 77
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g13.5%
Saturated Fat 2.4 g11.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 142 mg5.9%
Total Carbohydrates 19 g6.3%
Dietary Fiber 3.4 g13.7%
Sugars 3.9 g
Protein 3 g5.5%
Vitamin A 3.5% Vitamin C 57.2%
Calcium 4.5% Iron 4.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a polythene bag, mix cabbage, pepper, onion, celery, salad cream and vinegar by shaking well.
2) Shake once more after stirring in potato crisps.
3) Trim green leaves of radish down to 1/2-inch for the radish roses.
4) At the root end of each radish, make a cut across about 1/2-inch down.
5) Cover them with cold water to open out like roses.
6) Into a salad bowl, transfer the salad and decorate with radish roses.
7) Serve immediately.