- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Crunchy Oven Fried Chicken Recipe
|Corn flakes||2 Cup (32 tbs), crushed (Cup Equals Teacup, Crisp)|
Calories 382 Calories from Fat 214
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 24 g37.4%
Saturated Fat 15 g74.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 61 mg
Sodium 422.7 mg17.6%
Total Carbohydrates 36 g12%
Dietary Fiber 1.5 g5.8%
Sugars 2.8 g
Protein 8 g15.3%
Vitamin A 28.3% Vitamin C 14.1%
Calcium 0.7% Iron 41.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven at 355°F.
2. Melt margarine or butter and add in salt.
3. Dip the cleaned chicken joints in the butter and then coat with the crushed cereal. Pat dry firmly.
4. In a shallow roasting or baking tin, place the joints with skin side up.
5. Add the remaining butter and place in oven to bake for 1 hour.
6. Baste the joints with hot butter while baking but never turn the joints. Cover with buttered paper, in case they are brown quickly.
7. Serve the hot chicken joints with whole kernel sweet corn and buttered potatoes.