- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Crunchy Fill or Frost Recipe
|Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Honey||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Evaporated milk||3 Tablespoon|
|Almonds/Pecans||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Coconut||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), shredded|
|Rhubarb sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), drained|
|Sweetened rhubarb sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), drained|
|Lemon peel||1⁄2 Teaspoon, grated|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1657 Calories from Fat 622
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 71 g109.8%
Saturated Fat 17.1 g85.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 13 mg
Sodium 337.9 mg14.1%
Total Carbohydrates 266 g88.8%
Dietary Fiber 8.1 g32.5%
Sugars 254.6 g
Protein 13 g25.8%
Vitamin A 42.2% Vitamin C 18.6%
Calcium 29% Iron 18.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a small saucepan, melt the margarine over a low heat.
2) Stir in the honey and evaporated milk, stir continuously and boil for 6 minutes.
3) Stir in the almonds or pecans, coconut, rhubarb sauce, vanilla, salt and lemon peel.
4) Allow to simmer for 1 minute until the mixture is hot, then cool slightly.
5) Use the frosting to spread between 2 layers of a 8-inch square cake or frost on top.