- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Crunchy Family Meatloaf Recipe
|Lean ground beef||1 1⁄2 Pound (750 Grams)|
|Potato||1 , grated|
|Carrot||1 , grated|
|Onion||1 , finely chopped|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Tomato sauce/Fruit chutney||2 Tablespoon|
|Mixed dried herbs||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Crunchy topping||2 Tablespoon|
|Tomato sauce||1 Fluid Ounce, mixed with tomato sauce (30 Milliliter Or 1/8 Cup)|
|Worcestershire sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Stale breadcrumbs||1 Ounce (1/2 Cup Or 30 Grams)|
|Butter||2 Ounce, melted (60 Grams)|
Calories 343 Calories from Fat 165
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g28.7%
Saturated Fat 9.4 g46.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 120.6 mg
Sodium 192.2 mg8%
Total Carbohydrates 17 g5.6%
Dietary Fiber 1.7 g6.9%
Sugars 4.8 g
Protein 26 g52.8%
Vitamin A 40.7% Vitamin C 18.1%
Calcium 3.4% Iron 17%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a bowl mix well to combine beef, potato, carrot, onion, breadcrumbs, egg, tomato sauce or chutney, herbs and black pepper to taste.
2. Into a lightly greased 1 1x21 cm / 4 1/2x8 1/2 in loaf tin press mixture and bake for 1 hour at 210°C / 420°F/Gas 7 or until cooked.
3. Draining off excess juices turn meatloaf onto a lightly greased baking tray, brush with tomato sauce mixture.
4. In a bowl combine breadcrumbs and butter, sprinkle over meatloaf and bake for 15-20 minutes longer or until topping is crisp and golden.
5. Serve hot or cold along with greens.