- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Crunchy crab balls Recipe Video
|Crab meat||16 Ounce (lump/ fin)|
|Red bell pepper||1 Medium, chopped finely|
|Vidalia onions||1 Medium, chopped finely|
|Miracle whip dressing||2 Tablespoon|
|Stone ground mustard||2 Tablespoon|
|Parmesan cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs), grated|
|Panko bread crumbs||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Cayenne pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Old bay||1 Teaspoon|
|Salt & pepper||1 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Ground horseradish||2 Tablespoon (FOR HORSERADISH SAUCE)|
|Tomato ketchup||1 Tablespoon (FOR HORSERADISH SAUCE)|
|Sweet relish pickles||2 Tablespoon (FOR HORSERADISH SAUCE)|
|Extra virgin olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 179 Calories from Fat 52
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g8.8%
Saturated Fat 1.7 g8.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 21.4 mg7.1%
Sodium 398.3 mg16.6%
Total Carbohydrates 18 g6.1%
Dietary Fiber 1.9 g7.5%
Sugars 5.4 g
Protein 12 g24.7%
Vitamin A 11.7% Vitamin C 34%
Calcium 12.4% Iron 1.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Chop the red pepper and onions finely.
2. In a skillet, heat 1 teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil.
3. Put the onions and cook till translucent. Keep aside to cool.
4. In another bowl, add ground horseradish, tomato ketchup, miracle whip and sweet relish pickles and mix well. Set aside.
5. Take a wide mouthed dish. Add 1 ½ cup of panko bread crumbs, old bay and crushed red pepper. Mix well.
6. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
7. In a large bowl add crabmeat, egg, ½ cup of panko breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese and cooled vegetables mix together well.
8. Form small balls with the crabmeat and roll in the panko mixture coating each well.
9. Place on a baking sheet and spray each crab ball with a little oil and place in the oven for 20 minutes. Flip the crab balls halfway through the baking process.
10. In a serving plate, serve the crab ball hot with the sauce.