- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Crunchy Chicken Casserole Recipe
|Carrots||2 Large, peeled|
|Natural cheddar cheese||8 Ounce, chilled|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Canned chicken broth||10 3⁄4 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Diced cooked chicken||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Chopped pimiento||2 Ounce (1 Jar)|
|Herb seasoned stuffing||8 Ounce|
Calories 609 Calories from Fat 320
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 36 g55.2%
Saturated Fat 19.4 g96.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 196 mg
Sodium 759.9 mg31.7%
Total Carbohydrates 24 g8.1%
Dietary Fiber 2.7 g10.8%
Sugars 3 g
Protein 49 g97.2%
Vitamin A 147% Vitamin C 29%
Calcium 43.7% Iron 11.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 375°F before baking.
2. Using a disc fitted to a mixer bowl, with shredding side facing up, shred cheese. Keep aside in the mixer bowl.
3. Take a 3 quart saucepan with butter.
4. Place on medium heat and melt it.
5. Stirring constantly, mix in flour followed by broth.
6. Stir till mixture turns thick.
7. Reduce the heat, mix in cheese and stir to melt.
8. Take off from heat and add carrots, pimiento and chicken to the mixture.
9. Take a 2 quart shallow casserole, spread the mixture in it.
10. Take a 10 inch skillet, add butter and melt it.
11. Mix stuffing well with melted butter.
12. Pour on chicken mixture.
13. Place in oven and bake for half an hour.
14. Serve warm.