- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Crunchy Cheese Sandwiches Recipe
|Onion||1 Small, quartered|
|Tomato||1 Medium, quartered|
|Stalk celery||1 Medium, cut crosswise in 3 pieces|
|Green pepper||1 Small, quartered|
|Natural cheddar cheese/Swiss cheese||4 Ounce, chilled, cut to fit food chute|
|Chili powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Sandwich bread slice||4 (Any Type)|
Calories 298 Calories from Fat 193
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g35.1%
Saturated Fat 13.1 g65.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 65.5 mg
Sodium 437.7 mg18.2%
Total Carbohydrates 17 g5.8%
Dietary Fiber 2.3 g9.3%
Sugars 3.5 g
Protein 10 g19.8%
Vitamin A 24% Vitamin C 36.6%
Calcium 24.8% Iron 50.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Take a mixer bowl and keep knife blade in place.
2. Place tomato and onion in the bowl.
3. Pulse for chopping onion and tomato coarsely.
4. Take a large mixing bowl.
5. Transfer chopped contents into it.
6. In the mixer bowl, place disc in such a way that slicing side faces up.
7. Add green pepper and celery pieces and slice them and transfer to mixing bowl.
8. In the mixer bowl, place disc with shredding side facing up.
9. Add cheese and shred it. Mix with vegetables in mixing bowl.
10. Add seasoning to mixing bowl and toss to coat well.
11. Take bread and spread butter slightly on each of the slices.
12. Arrange the mixture, in a heaped way, on each of the slices. Spread on to edges.
13. Broil bread slices for about 4 or 5 minutes to melt cheese. Take care to prevent browning.
14. Serve piping hot with a sauce of your choice.