- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Crunchy Cheese Crackers Recipe
|Rolled oats||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Whole wheat flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Poppy seeds||4 Tablespoon|
|Cheese||2 Cup (32 tbs), grated|
|Softened butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 433 Calories from Fat 247
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 28 g43.5%
Saturated Fat 15.5 g77.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 68.6 mg
Sodium 472.1 mg19.7%
Total Carbohydrates 31 g10.3%
Dietary Fiber 6.1 g24.4%
Sugars 0.9 g
Protein 16 g32.4%
Vitamin A 14.4% Vitamin C 0.13%
Calcium 38.8% Iron 14.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 325°F
2. Grease a cookie sheet with oil or butter.
3. In a large mixing bowl, sift together the flour and salt.
4. Stir in the oats, brand remaining from sifting, poppy and cheese.
5. Add the softened butter and rub into the dry ingredients with your finger tips.
6. Add enough water into the flour mixture to bind into a dough.
7. Transfer the dough onto a flour dusted work surface use a dusted rolling pin to roll the dough into a 1/4inch thick sheet to fit the baking sheet.
8. Use a knife or dough cutter to cut into 4 inch squares.
9. Sprinkle a little cayenne and kelp if you like.
10. Using a fork, lightly prick the dough to prevent the crackers from puffing when baking.
11. Place the baking sheet on the middle level of the preheated oven and bake the crackers for 40 to 45 minutes until they are crisp and golden brown
12. Remove from the oven and slide the crackers onto a wire rack and allow them to cool and harden.
13. Serve the crackers with your favorite dip or salsa.
14. Store them in an airtight container lined with grease proof paper.