- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Tasty & Crunchy Cereal Recipe
|Rolled oats||6 Cup (96 tbs) (Not Quick-Cooking)|
|Wheat germ||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Untoasted)|
|Sesame seeds||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Almonds||1 Cup (16 tbs), sliced|
|Honey||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 1364 Calories from Fat 635
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 74 g113.8%
Saturated Fat 9 g45.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 69.3 mg2.9%
Total Carbohydrates 147 g48.9%
Dietary Fiber 25.3 g101.2%
Sugars 35 g
Protein 39 g77.3%
Vitamin A 0.1% Vitamin C 0.31%
Calcium 46.6% Iron 73.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a bowl or a container combine rolled oats, wheat germ, sesame seeds and almonds.
2. In the bottom of a large baking pan or a jelly roll pan spread the mixture evenly, to a depth of 1/2 to 1 inch.
3. In cup mix the honey, oil and salt and if necessary to dissolve honey heat gently.
4. Over the dry mixture pour the syrup and combine thoroughly
5. Place in oven at 225 Â°F for approximately 2 hours, lifting the mixture with a spatula about every 20 minutes.
6. Serve cooled or at room temperature over favorite beverages.