- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Crumbled Chicken With Spaghetti Recipe
|Broiler fryer chicken||3 , cut up|
|Onion||1 Medium, peeled and sliced|
|Salt||2 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Mushrooms||1 Pound, trimmed and sliced|
|Butter/Margarine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Soft bread crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Regular flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Ground nutmeg||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Light cream/Table cream||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Dry sherry||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Thin spaghetti||8 Ounce, broken in 2-inch lengths (1 Package)|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 10853 Calories from Fat 6996
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 785 g1207.4%
Saturated Fat 348.3 g1741.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 3167 mg
Sodium 9986.1 mg416.1%
Total Carbohydrates 307 g102.4%
Dietary Fiber 19.3 g77.2%
Sugars 28.7 g
Protein 617 g1234.5%
Vitamin A 297% Vitamin C 118.7%
Calcium 221.2% Iron 184.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Pull skin from chicken and take meat from bones; cube meat; place in a large bowl.
3. Saute mushrooms in 1/4 cup of the butter or margarine until soft in a large frying pan; combine with chicken.
4. Melt remaining butter or margarine in a saucepan. Measure out 1/4 cup and toss with bread crumbs in a bowl; set aside.
5. Stir flour, the remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, pepper and nutmeg into remaining butter or margarine in saucepan; cook, stirring constantly, until bubbly. Stir in 3 1/2 cups of the chicken broth and cream. Continue cooking and stirring until sauce thickens and boils 1 minute; remove from heat. Stir in sherry.
6. While sauce cooks, cook spaghetti, following label directions; drain well. Spoon into two baking dishes, 13x9x2. Spoon chicken mixture over spaghetti; spoon sauce over all.
7. Add Parmesan cheese to bread-crumb mixture and toss lightly to mix. Sprinkle over mixture in baking dishes.
8. Bake in moderate oven (350°) 30 minutes, or until bubbly and crumb topping is toasted. Garnish with bouquets of watercress, sliced mushrooms and pimiento strips, if you wish.