- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Crown Roast Of Pork Recipe
|Pork rib crown roast||7 Pound (1 Whole)|
|Salt||2 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground black pepper||2⁄3 Teaspoon (1/2 Plus 1/8 Teaspoon)|
|Celery stalks||4 , chopped|
|Large onions||12 Ounce, chopped|
|Golden delicious apples||1 Pound, peeled, cored and chopped (3 Medium Size)|
|White bread cubes||8 Cup (128 tbs) (Fresh, 12 Slices Firm White Bread)|
|Apple juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Egg||1 Large, lightly beaten|
|Poultry seasoning||1 Teaspoon|
|Calvados/Applejack brandy, / water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||3 Tablespoon|
|Canned chicken broth/1 3/4 cups old fashioned chicken broth||14 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Can)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 9271 Calories from Fat 4088
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 456 g701.7%
Saturated Fat 49.1 g245.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 2943.7 mg
Sodium 7177.3 mg299.1%
Total Carbohydrates 359 g119.7%
Dietary Fiber 21.9 g87.6%
Sugars 81.1 g
Protein 850 g1700.6%
Vitamin A 72.1% Vitamin C 87.2%
Calcium 109.8% Iron 47.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Meanwhile, in 5-quart Dutch oven, melt butter over medium heat. Add celery and onion; cook, stirring, until tender, about 5 minutes. Add apples and cook until tender, 6 to 8 minutes longer. Remove Dutch oven from heat. Stir in bread cubes, apple juice, egg, poultry seasoning, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Toss until well combined.
3. Remove roast from oven and turn, rib ends up. Fill cavity of roast with stuffing. (Place any leftover stuffing into greased 1 1/2-quart casserole. Bake leftover stuffing, uncovered, during last 30 minutes of roasting time.)
4. Return pork to oven; roast until meat thermometer inserted in thickest part of roast (not touching bone) reaches 155°F, about 2 hours 30 minutes. Internal temperature of pork will rise to 160°F upon standing. If stuffing browns too quickly, cover with foil.
5. When roast is done, transfer to warm platter. Let stand 15 minutes to set juices for easier carving.
6. Meanwhile, prepare gravy: Pour pan drippings into 2-cup measuring cup or medium bowl (set roasting pan aside); let stand until fat separates from meat juice. Skim off 3 tablespoons fat from drippings. If necessary, add enough melted butter to fat to equal 3 tablespoons. Pour into 2-quart saucepan. Skim and discard any remaining fat from meat juice. Add Calvados to roasting pan. Heat over medium heat, stirring until browned bits are loosened from bottom of pan. Add to meat juice in cup.
7. Into fat in saucepan, with wire whisk, whisk flour, remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, and remaining 1/8 teaspoon pepper until blended; cook, stirring, over medium heat 1 minute. Gradually whisk in meat-juice mixture and broth. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly; boil 1 minute. Serve roast with gravy and stuffing.