- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Crown Roast of Lamb Recipe
|Pepper||To Taste, milled|
|Apricot halves||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Mint jelly||1 Tablespoon|
|Dried apricots||1 Ounce (For The Stuffing:)|
|Cooking apple||1⁄2 , peeled chopped|
|White breadcrumbs||2 1⁄2 Ounce (For The Stuffing:)|
|Walnuts||1 Tablespoon, chopped (For The Stuffing:)|
|Lemon||1⁄2 (For The Stuffing:)|
|Butter||1 Ounce (For The Stuffing:)|
Calories 576 Calories from Fat 375
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 42 g64.3%
Saturated Fat 18.3 g91.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 136 mg
Sodium 280.5 mg11.7%
Total Carbohydrates 19 g6.2%
Dietary Fiber 2.3 g9.2%
Sugars 10.1 g
Protein 31 g62.7%
Vitamin A 24.1% Vitamin C 15.2%
Calcium 5.7% Iron 20%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Pipe mint jelly into the drained apricot halves and keep aside to be used as garnishing.
2. Preheat the oven to 350Â°F (180Â°C or Gas No. 4)
3. Rub salt and pepper all over the lamb joint.
4. Cover top of each rib with a small piece of foil to prevent the bone from charring while roasting.
5. In a large roasting pan place the seasoned and prepared joint.
6. To prepare the stuffing in a mixing bowl, combine the stuffing ingredients together.
7. Use a fork to mix thoroughly.
8. Use your hand to stuff the middle of the crown roast with the prepared mixture.
9. Drizzle with dripping.
10. Place the roasting pan on the middle level of the preheated oven
11. Roast the lamb joint for 1 1/2 hours, occasionally basting the meat with the pan drippings.
12. Remove the foil pieces wrapped on each rib bone and top each rib with a cutlet frill instead.
13. Place the joint on a serving platter and garnish with mint jelly filled apricot halves.
14. Carve the joint between the rib bones serving 2 chops per person.