- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Crostini Alla Mozzarella Breaded Fried Mozzarella Cheese Recipe
|Shortening/Cooking oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Deep Fat Frying)|
|Mozzarella cheese||1⁄2 Pound, cut into 3/4 inch cubes (Low Moisture Type Is Best)|
|Unsifted flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 , lightly beaten|
|Soft white bread crumbs||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4917 Calories from Fat 4202
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 476 g731.7%
Saturated Fat 136.4 g682.1%
Trans Fat 54 g
Cholesterol 602.1 mg
Sodium 2499.7 mg104.2%
Total Carbohydrates 98 g32.6%
Dietary Fiber 7.2 g28.8%
Sugars 9.1 g
Protein 78 g155.2%
Vitamin A 40.5% Vitamin C
Calcium 141.7% Iron 52.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Heat the shortening over a medium heat until the inserted deep fat thermometer reaches 375° F.
2) Dredge the cheese in flour, dip in the beaten eggs, then in the crumbs, repeat with the eggs and crumbs again. Press the crumbs lightly to coat well.
3) Deep fry the cheese cubes in batches for 30-40 seconds until evenly brown.
4) Remove with a slotted spoon, drain well on a paper towel and keep warm.
5) Serve immediately with the tomato sauce or as desired.