- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Crockpot Pork Chalupas - Fork Tender and Delicious Recipe Video
|Boneless pork butt||3 Pound, trimmed (of fat)|
|Dry black beans||1 Pound, rinsed|
|Green chiles||4 Ounce, chop|
|Garlic||5 Clove (25 gm), mince|
|Fire roast tomatoes||14 Ounce|
|Yellow onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), dice|
|Chili powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Ground cumin||2 Teaspoon|
|Low sodium chicken broth||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
Calories 411 Calories from Fat 191
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g32.6%
Saturated Fat 8.3 g41.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 70 mg23.3%
Sodium 757.6 mg31.6%
Total Carbohydrates 29 g9.7%
Dietary Fiber 6.7 g27%
Sugars 2.4 g
Protein 28 g56.3%
Vitamin A 12.1% Vitamin C 49.1%
Calcium 6.7% Iron 14.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will NeedCrockpot
1. Chop the green chilies, mince the garlic and dice the yellow onions, set aside.
2. To a crock pot, add the beans and green chilies, place the pork on top.
3. Add the rest of the ingredients garlic, fire roasted tomatoes, yellow onions, salt, chili powder, ground cumin and low sodium chicken broth.
4. Cook on low setting for 9 or 10 hours or on high for 6 hours.
5. Remove the roast and shred with two forks and then return to the crock pot for an additional 30 minutes.
6. Serve the meat as burritos, topped with lettuce, tomatoes, guacamole, cheese and sour cream.
Try and sprinkle all the spices around instead of just plopping them in one big lump.