- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cajun Style Crock Pot Roast Recipe Video
|Large beef roast||3 Pound|
|Turnips||3 Medium, peeled and quartered|
|Baby carrots||1 Pound|
|Garlic||8 Clove (40 gm), cut into halves|
|Creole seasoning||3 Tablespoon (Tony’s Original)|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Cajun trinity||2 Cup (32 tbs) (onion, celery and green peppers)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 270 Calories from Fat 45
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g7.5%
Saturated Fat 0.98 g4.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 12 mg4%
Sodium 526.1 mg21.9%
Total Carbohydrates 45 g15%
Dietary Fiber 6.8 g27.2%
Sugars 12.3 g
Protein 12 g23.5%
Vitamin A 389.8% Vitamin C 40.7%
Calcium 7.8% Iron 6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat slow cooker.
2. On a platter, slit the beef and slide in garlic cloves all over the roast. Push deep down in the meat.
3. Sprinkle the beef all over with Tony’s Creole Seasoning.
4. Place the roast in the slow cooker and drizzle on top some olive oil.
5. Add in the shallots, turnip roots, baby carrots, cajun trinity and add the water.
6. Cover and let cook for about 8 hours.
7. Once ready serve hot with french rolls for a nice sandwich or with mashed potatoes.