- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Easy Crockpot Beef Stew Recipe Video
|All purpose flour||5 Tablespoon|
|Creole seasoning||1 Teaspoon (Tony’s Original)|
|Lean beef stew meat||2 Pound|
|Olive oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Seasoning blend||12 Ounce (onions, bell peppers, celery & parsley)|
|Turnips||3 Medium, peeled & quartered|
|Carrots||1 Pound, peeled and cut|
|Garlic||2 Tablespoon, minced|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 884 Calories from Fat 320
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 36 g55.8%
Saturated Fat 10.9 g54.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 95.2 mg
Sodium 778.4 mg32.4%
Total Carbohydrates 89 g29.8%
Dietary Fiber 15.1 g60.4%
Sugars 11.6 g
Protein 62 g123.5%
Vitamin A 423.7% Vitamin C 64.4%
Calcium 99.3% Iron 196.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a deep bowl, put the flour. Add salt and Tony's Seasoning.
2. Toss the Beef Stew meat in the flour coating on all sides. Set aside in another bowl.
3. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a deep skillet on medium heat.
4. Brown the meat in batches on all sides.
5. In the heated and oiled Crock Pot base place meat.
6. Once all meat is browned and placed in the Crock Pot, toss in the Seasoning Blend, carrots, turnips and add the minced garlictly and season again.
7. Add in the water.
8. Cover and place Crock Pot on medium– high heat. Allow to cook for 4 hours undisturbed.
9. Serve hot over cooked rice or creamy mashed potatoes.