- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Hotchef'S Crispy Hanger Steak with Shallots and Peppers Recipe Video
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Grapeseed oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
|For chili salad|
|Dried peppers||2 , sliced|
|Anaheim pepper||1 , cut in half (wood roasted)|
|Banana pepper in vinegar||1|
|Pickled shallots and jalapenos||1 Tablespoon|
|Cilantro leaves||1 Tablespoon|
|Extra virgin olive oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1071 Calories from Fat 904
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 99 g152.6%
Saturated Fat 10.9 g54.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 38.9 mg
Sodium 1290.5 mg53.8%
Total Carbohydrates 15 g4.9%
Dietary Fiber 5.2 g20.7%
Sugars 6.3 g
Protein 28 g55.6%
Vitamin A 79.2% Vitamin C 127.3%
Calcium 4.7% Iron 11.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a plate, place the steak and marinate it with star anise, soy sauce, olive oil, salt and pepper, marinate for 2 to 3 days.
2. Preheat the oven to 415 F.
3. In a pan, heat olive oil and grape seed oil, sear the steak until light brown in colour.
4. Put the steak in the oven for about 2 minutes or until browned.
5. Remove the steak from the oven and allow to rest.
6. In a bowl, mix all the ingredients for the chili salad and stir well to combine.
7. Slice the steak across the grain in about ½ inch thick slices and arrange it on a serving plate.
8. Place the chili salad on side and serve.