- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Greek Yogurt Coleslaw with Crispy Crunchy Chicken Recipe Video
|Chicken breasts||1 Large (Free-Range)|
|Egg white||1 (Free-Range)|
|Polenta||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Meal||40 Gram (Fine)|
|Finely grated parmesan cheese||15 Gram, grated freshly|
|Cayenne pepper||To Taste (Good Pinch)|
|Olive oil||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Lemon||1⁄2 , cut into wedges|
|Radishes||4 Small, top and tailed|
|Red onion||1⁄2 Small|
|Fennel bulb||1⁄2 Small, top and tailed|
|Red cabbage||50 Gram|
|Celeriac||35 Gram, peeled|
|Greek yogurt||75 Gram|
|Sherry vinegar||1 Teaspoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 617 Calories from Fat 144
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g25.2%
Saturated Fat 4.6 g22.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 97.3 mg
Sodium 1038.5 mg43.3%
Total Carbohydrates 63 g21.1%
Dietary Fiber 8.9 g35.8%
Sugars 7.9 g
Protein 57 g113.7%
Vitamin A 24.8% Vitamin C 123.8%
Calcium 40.9% Iron 38.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. In another bowl, combine the polenta, parmesan and cayenne pepper.
3. Dip each chicken strip, first in the egg white and then in the polenta mixture until well covered. Set aside on a large plate.
4. When all the chicken strips are coated, heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan.
5. Cook the chicken for seven minutes on each side, over a medium high heat, until it is cooked through and the outside is crispy and golden. Season to taste.
6. While the chicken is cooking, use a mandolin (I like using the 'julienne' setting for the celeriac) to thinly slice all the vegetables into a big bowl.
7. If you don't have a mandolin, you can cut it by hand with a sharp knife but it will take around 10 minutes.
8. Once all the vegetables are cut into thin slices, pour in the yogurt and the vinegar and toss thoroughly.
9. Season well and serve with the crispy chicken, a sprinkling of cayenne and some lemon or lime wedges for those who fancy a bit of an edge.