- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Deep-Fried Wasabi Sea Scallops with Wakame Salad Recipe Video
|For the deep fried scallops:|
|Sea scallops||1 1⁄2 Pound, dried|
|Panko crumbs||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Wasabi||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), powdered|
|Sea salt||To Taste|
|Ground white pepper||To Taste|
|Oil||5 Tablespoon (For frying)|
|For the wakame salad:|
|Wakame seaweed||1 Pound|
|Ginger||1 Tablespoon, grated|
|Sesame oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Sesame seeds||2 Tablespoon|
|Red chilli flakes||1 Tablespoon|
|Rice wine vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Soy sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (For serving)|
Calories 1403 Calories from Fat 685
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 78 g119.4%
Saturated Fat 10.5 g52.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 205.3 mg
Sodium 6595.1 mg274.8%
Total Carbohydrates 95 g31.8%
Dietary Fiber 9.9 g39.4%
Sugars 7.7 g
Protein 85 g170.2%
Vitamin A 28% Vitamin C 52.7%
Calcium 62.1% Iron 56%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
The sea scallops:
1) Dust the sea scallops with white pepper and salt on both the sides. Also dust the scallops with wasabi powder.
2) Make an egg wash by beating the eggs and water.
3) Assemble the scallops by coating with egg wash and panko crumbs and let it rest for 5 minutes.
4) Fry the scallops for 2 minutes on each side at 375 degrees until crispy.
The wakame salad:
5) In a pot of boiling water for the sea weed salad add wakame to boiling water and cook for 5 minutes. Strain and remove any residual water.
6) Add fresh grated ginger, sesame oil, mirin, vinegar, sugar, chili flakes and sesame seeds to the wakame and toss.
7) Plate the wakame salad in a bowl along with soya sauce in another small serving bowl for dipping place the fried scallops stacked in the center.
For added taste dust the fried scallops some wasabi powder.