- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Betty's Crispy Sweet Potato Chips Recipe Video
|Sweet potato||4 (red or white, as many needed)|
|Peanut oil||1 Cup (16 tbs) (For deep frying)|
|Coarse sea salt||To Taste|
Calories 89 Calories from Fat 25
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g4.4%
Saturated Fat 0.49 g2.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 79.7 mg3.3%
Total Carbohydrates 15 g5%
Dietary Fiber 2.3 g9%
Sugars 3.1 g
Protein 1 g2.4%
Vitamin A 212.8% Vitamin C 3%
Calcium 2.3% Iron 2.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Peel the sweet potato and then slice into thin slices lengthwise. Store in water until ready to fry.
2. When ready to fry, drain off the water and pat dry potato slices with paper towel.
3. Heat 1 inch of peanut oil to 350 degree F.
4. Carefully place a few slices of sweet potatoes into hot oil and fry until golden. Drain on paper towel.
5. Immediately grind coarse sea salt over the top.
6. Serve and enjoy!