- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Crispy Skuna Bay Salmon with Pickled Vegetable Herb Salad Recipe Video
|For the pickled vegetables|
|Vinegar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Mustard powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Coriander powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Black peppercorns||1 Tablespoon|
|Bay leaves||2 Tablespoon|
|Red chilli paste||1 Tablespoon|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Pea tops||1⁄4 Bunch (25 gm)|
|For the skuna salmon|
|Skuna bay salmon||1⁄2 Pound|
|Olive oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (for frying)|
Calories 391 Calories from Fat 179
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g31.2%
Saturated Fat 2.8 g14.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 19.7 mg6.6%
Sodium 2082.5 mg86.8%
Total Carbohydrates 44 g14.6%
Dietary Fiber 2.9 g11.7%
Sugars 34 g
Protein 9 g17.5%
Vitamin A 68.6% Vitamin C 9%
Calcium 7.6% Iron 17.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Blanch the carrots in hot boiling water for a few seconds, drain, chill them and set aside.
2. For the pickled vegetables: In a pot over medium high, add sugar, vinegar, mustard, coriander, juneberries, black pepper, crushed bay leaves and red chilli paste. Mix well and bring it to a boiling point or until the sugar has melted completely.
3. Once the sugar has melted, add in the blanched carrots, stir well and let it boil for 7 - 8 minutes or until the carrots turn soft.
4. For the Skuna bay salmon: In a plate, place the salmon and season it well with salt. Using a sharp knife slice the salmon into 6 pieces. Set aside.
5. In a skillet on high flame, heat the oil and once the oil is hot, place the salmon pieces and fry on each side for 7-8 minutes or until crisp golden brown.
6. Remove the carrots from the pickling into a bowl, stir in the pea tops and toss well.
7. Place the pickled carrots in the center of a serving plate and the crisp golden brown skuna bay salmon on the sides and serve hot.