- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Crispy Praline Cookies Recipe
|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped pecans||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), softened|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 125 Calories from Fat 64
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g11.5%
Saturated Fat 2.8 g13.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 18.9 mg
Sodium 6.2 mg0.3%
Total Carbohydrates 14 g4.6%
Dietary Fiber 0.6 g2.4%
Sugars 9.4 g
Protein 1 g2.6%
Vitamin A 2.6% Vitamin C 0.09%
Calcium 1.4% Iron 2.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Collect and measure the required ingredients.
2. Lightly grease 2-3 baking sheets with oil or butter.
3. Preheat the oven to 350°F before baking
4. In a large mixing bowl, add the butter or margarine and beat with an electric mixer until soft.
5. Gradually add the sugar, beating lightly.
6. Blend in the egg, and vanilla, beating at low speed until incorporated into the creamed mixture.
7. Add the flour mixture and beat at a low speed until well blending to form a thick batter.
8. Fold in the pecans.
9. Use a tablespoon to drop the batter in heaps, onto the cookie sheets, leaving 2 inch space between each.
10. Bake them in the preheated oven for 12 to 15 minutes until golden and dry.
11. Remove from oven and cool cookies slightly on baking sheets then carefully loosen with a spatula and slide them to on a wire rack to cool and harden.
12. Serve cookies with tea, coffee, hot chocolate or warm milk.
13. Pack them and include in your Christmas or Holiday gift hampers.
Store baked cookies in a wax paper lined air tight container or jar, in a cool dry place.