- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Classic Crispy Potato Skins Recipe
|Baking potatoes||8 Small, scrubbed|
|Butter||1 3⁄4 Ounce, melted (50 Gram)|
|Spring onions||6 , sliced (Scallion)|
|Salami||1 3⁄4 Ounce, cut into thin strips (50 Gram)|
|Grated gruyere cheese||1 3⁄4 Ounce (50 Gram)|
Calories 380 Calories from Fat 140
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g24.4%
Saturated Fat 9.4 g47.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 29.3 mg
Sodium 199.4 mg8.3%
Total Carbohydrates 52 g17.2%
Dietary Fiber 4.2 g16.7%
Sugars 2.3 g
Protein 11 g21.5%
Vitamin A 10.7% Vitamin C 33.3%
Calcium 5.5% Iron 15.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6.
2) Prick and bake the potatoes in the oven for 1 hour or until tender. Or microwave on High for 12-15 minutes.
3) Halve the potatoes, then leave about 1/4 inch potato flesh lining the skin and scoop out rest of the flesh.
4) Brush with melted butter on the inner flesh of the potato skins .
5) Place the skins with the cut-side down, and grill over medium hot coals for 10-15 minutes. Turn over and grill for a further 5 minutes or until they become crispy.
6) Sprinkle the potato skins with salt and pepper to taste.
7) Serve immediately