- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Crispy Potato Skin Croutons Recipe
|Golden onion soup mix||1 1⁄4 Ounce (1 Envelope Lipton)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), softened|
|Potatoes||3 1⁄2 Pound, unpeeled and baked (8 Medium Size)|
Calories 533 Calories from Fat 204
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g35.7%
Saturated Fat 14.6 g72.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 60.5 mg
Sodium 738.4 mg30.8%
Total Carbohydrates 79 g26.3%
Dietary Fiber 9.3 g37.3%
Sugars 3.5 g
Protein 9 g17.8%
Vitamin A 14.2% Vitamin C 130.8%
Calcium 6.7% Iron 17.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 450°F
2. In a small mixing bowl, use a butter knife to blend soup mix with the butter. Keep aside for later.
3. Cut the unpeeled and baked potatoes lengthwise into halves.
4. Using a spoon or a scooper, scoop out the potato, leaving a ¼ inch shell. Reserve the potato pulp for making mashed potatoes.
5. Quarter each the potato shells.
6. On a baking sheet or tray, arrange the potato shells.
7. Using a butter knife spread the prepared butter on each shell.
8. Bake the potato shells in the preheated oven for 20 minutes until the butter has melted to give them a crispy texture and golden color.
9. Remove the shells and cool for 2-3 minutes before serving.
10. Crispy potato skin croutons make a taste snack appetizer or side dish.