- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Crispy Potato Pancakes Recipe
|Baking potatoes||3 Large, peeled (such as Idaho)|
|Carrot||1 , peeled (optional)|
|Clarified butter/Vegetable oil /olive oil /peanut oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (for frying)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4326 Calories from Fat 3439
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 391 g602.1%
Saturated Fat 241.2 g1206.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1257 mg
Sodium 2103.4 mg87.6%
Total Carbohydrates 199 g66.3%
Dietary Fiber 17.3 g69.1%
Sugars 17.6 g
Protein 30 g59.7%
Vitamin A 208.9% Vitamin C 116.6%
Calcium 21.4% Iron 55.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Using the large-hole side of a box grater, shred the potatoes in long motions, forming the lengthiest shreds possible. Quickly grate in the onion. Grate in carrot and zucchini, if desired.
3. Add the salt and sprinkle in the flour; toss with your hands to combine well.
4. Heat the clarified butter until it shimmers but does not smoke. (A piece of potato should sizzle upon entry.) Form 8 pancakes from the batter, and panfry in batches of 3 or 4, squeezing out excess water before gently sliding each pancake into the pan.
5. Cook the pancakes slowly, without moving them, for the first 5 minutes, then loosen with a spatula. Turn after about 8 minutes, when the top appears one-third cooked. Finish cooking on other side, about 4 minutes more. Drain on paper towels.
6. Serve with sour cream, jam, or applesauce, or plain sprinkled with sugar.