- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Crispy Pork Belly (Liempo) Recipe Video
|Pork belly||1 Kilogram (whole cut)|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), minced|
|Bay leaf||3 Medium|
|Salt||1 Tablespoon (To taste)|
Calories 678 Calories from Fat 389
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 43 g66.3%
Saturated Fat 14.9 g74.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 213.3 mg71.1%
Sodium 2109.2 mg87.9%
Total Carbohydrates 3 g0.9%
Dietary Fiber 0.46 g1.8%
Sugars 0.1 g
Protein 66 g131.1%
Vitamin A 1.7% Vitamin C 6.8%
Calcium 8.3% Iron 18.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Pre heat oven to 355 degrees Farenheit.
2. In a sauce pan, place the pork belly and pour in the water.
3. Cook for 5 minutes on medium heat. This gives the pork additional flavor.
4. Drain it and give it a good rinse which will wash off the excess salt. Pat it dry with a paper towel.
5. Rub in the salt generously on the pork belly.
6. Place it on the top rack of the oven and grill it for 90 minutes at 355 degrees Farenheit.
7. Increase the temperature of the oven to 480 degrees Farenheit or broil it for 30 minutes to make the outside skin crispy.
8. Turn skin side down for easier slicing.
9. Slice up and serve with your choice of favorite dip.
Line the bottom of the oven with aluminium foil while grilling to enable easy cleaning.