- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Crispy Mushrooms with Herb Sauce Recipe
|Button mushrooms||1 Pound (450 Gram)|
|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Frying)|
|Plain flour||4 Ounce (100 Gram)|
|Water||1⁄4 Pint (150 Milliliter)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), crushed|
|Parsley||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Basil||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
Calories 1403 Calories from Fat 1265
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 143 g219.6%
Saturated Fat 17.7 g88.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 21.4 mg
Sodium 237.7 mg9.9%
Total Carbohydrates 28 g9.3%
Dietary Fiber 2.2 g8.7%
Sugars 2.1 g
Protein 7 g14.5%
Vitamin A 16.6% Vitamin C 23%
Calcium 2.9% Iron 7.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a bowl, prepare the batter by sifting the flour and salt in it.
2) In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites until fluffy anf stiff.
3) Fold the beaten eggs into the flour and mix well.
5) Dip the mushrooms in the batter.
6) In a deep-fryer, heat the oil at the temperature of 190 C/375 degrees F.
7) With a slotted spoon, lift the battered mushrooms and deep-fry them.
8) Do it in batches.
9) On a absorbant kitchen papar, drain the fried mushrooms and keep them hot.
10) In a bowl, mix all the ingredients for sauce.
11) Serve the warm crispy mushrooms with mayonnaise sauce.